Confined Space Entry Refresher
This course has been designed to reduce the amount of time previously educated and skilled participants spend in a classroom, whilst offering the ability to reissue nationally recognised confined space competencies in one day. Building on participants’ previously attained competencies, Fire and Safety Australia will confirm retention of knowledge and skills on hazard identifications, risk assessments and work permits for confined space operations and how to operate various confined space safety equipment through minimal theory and lots of practical-based learning and activities. Practical entries into confined spaces will be made and rescue scenarios will be also covered.
• Fitness to Participate declaration
• Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• Safety footwear, Long sleeves and long pants
• USI that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
PLUS meet the eligibility criteria below:
As this is a refresher course, to be eligible to enrol into this course the participant must provide evidence that they have attained the following competencies:
• MSMPER205 Enter confined space
• RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
• MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
• MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
• MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
• MSMPER300 Issue work permits
or equivalent units to the above as per training.gov.au
Statements of Attainment will be requested prior to the day of the participants training course. If cards are provided they must state the units of competence, date attained and identify the training provider that issued the card.
Participants who book for the course and arrive but do not meet the eligibility criteria (e.g do not hold correct units and within the timeframe identified in the eligibility criteria) will have no recourse. These participants may be refused entry to the classroom and will not eligible for a refund.
This course is designed for students who are required to be re-assessed in entering a confined space, for maintenance purposes, for cleaning, inspection or other reasons. It is required by all students who are required to enter a confined space, as defined by the standard AS2865 requires reassessment 'at appropriate intervals'. The industry regards reassessment on a two to three year cycle as good practice.
- Australian Standards & relevant legislation updates
- Roles & responsibilities of managers & employees
- Identifying confined spaces & hazards
- Risk assessments & hierarchy of hazard controls
- Confined space work permits & entry procedures
- Safety procedures
- Atmospheric monitoring and gas detection
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Emergency procedures
- Practical rescue from a confined space
Units of Competency
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
The assessment process will occur through a combination of theoretical and practical assessment.
Competency confirmation will be achieved through 2 hours of theory revision, followed by a theory assessment. Following theory assessment students will be revised in confined space entry procedures.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.