Undertake Confined Space Rescue
This course is designed to teach learners how to determine what hazards may exist within a confined space, how to put into place a confined space rescue plan and how to carry out a confined space rescue, and as a rescue focused course, is not designed for general "confined space work" workers.
• Fitness to Participate declaration
• Appropriate safety footwear and clothing e.g. long pants and sleeves
• USI that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
• Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standard 1715
• Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
• HLTAID003 Provide first aid*#
• PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit*##
* or equivalent as per training.gov.au
# PUAEME001B will be awarded on RPL where the participant has provided HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which is required as entry requirement – see mapping – last pages.
PUAFIR215 will be awarded on Credit Transfer where the participant has provided a copy of their SoA for PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit, as PUAFIR215 is pre-requisite for this unit.Where the participant fails to provide the entry requirement Units of Competency evidence, no Statement of Attainment will be awarded.
Our confined space rescue training course will teach your personnel how to rescue personnel from confined spaces in accordance with WHS Regulations and Australian Standard 2865-2009. This programme is not designed for the Fire Sector.
This confined space rescue training course also includes a breathing apparatus refresher module so that learners understand how to rescue a person from a hazardous atmosphere within a confined space whilst remaining safe.
- Identifying Confined Spaces & hazards
- Australian Standards & Relevant Legislation explained
- Roles & Responsibilities of Management & Employees
- Risk Assessments & Hierarchy of Hazard Controls
- Rescue techniques and principles
- Breathing Apparatus refresher
- Tripods, VED's & Rescue Equipment
- Practical Rescue Scenarios from Confined Spaces
- Self Rescue from Confined Spaces
Units of Competency
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the extrication of casualties in environments with varying atmospheres that require the use of atmospheric monitoring equipment. Underpinning knowledge will be assessed through the use of theory assessments.
Theory will be delivered in a classroom using PowerPoint presentations and the practical component will be delivered using activities simulating confined space rescue situations.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.