Conduct Telehandler Operations
This course covers the skills and knowledge required for conducting telescopic materials handler operations in the resources and infrastructure industries and is suitable for participants working in site-based roles.
- Minimum age of 17 years with current drivers licence
- Appropriate clothing to meet site requirements and safety footwear
- Fitness to Participate
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this course can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. The programme includes planning and preparing, conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating the telescopic materials handler; attaching, securing, lifting, carrying and placing materials; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the machine; carrying out machine operator maintenance and cleaning up.
- Plan and prepare for telescopic materials handler operations
- Conduct telescopic materials handler pre-operational checks
- Operate telescopic materials handler
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Relocate the telescopic materials handler
- Carry out machine operator maintenance
- Conduct housekeeping activities
Unit of Competency
RIIHAN309F Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory, practical activities and discussion. Practical components using equipment under supervision in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.