Undertake Road Crash Rescue
Designed for personnel who may be required to perform rescue of personnel whom are trapped in motor vehicles, industrial plant or machinery in the workplace.
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation (delivered as part of the course)
- Fitness to Participate declaration
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Clothing appropriate to site requirements
- Enclosed shoes or appropriate safety footwear
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
This training provides personnel with training to combat various types of onsite emergencies. Capabilities and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the work site. Following the training course, personnel shall be cable of responding and controlling various motor vehicle, machinery and plant on-site emergencies.
- Vehicle and machinery construction
- Road crash rescue hazards
- Road crash rescue equipment
- Road crash rescue team formation
- Managing injuries at the incident scene
- Vehicle stabilisation
- Car identification / heavy vehicle rescue techniques
- Airbags & battery isolation
- Personal protective equipment
- Rescue team ethos & ideals
- Patient handling
- Rapid casualty access
- Vehicle extrication
- Safety officer & team leader roles & responsibilities
Units of Competency
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competencies and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual conditions and will include walk throughs of the relevant competency components. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios. The Instructor Session Guide will guide the assessor through the process.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.