Fire Safety Adviser
Our Fire Safety Adviser training course is designed to teach learners how to act as a Fire Safety Adviser in Queensland as required in the Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008 QLD and amendments from 2009 through to 2017.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) Enclosed shoes, long pants and long sleeve shirt Fitness to participate Sufficient Language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Our Fire Safety Adviser training course will equip your personnel with the skills required to act as a Fire Safety Adviser during day to day matters and also during an on-site emergency. This course will provide participants with the relevant knowledge, skills and abilities required to become a Fire Safety Adviser (FSA). To qualify as a FSA, a person must successfully complete eight (8) specified units of competency.
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- Understand the role & responsibilities of the Fire Safety Adviser
- Fire Safety Adviser Legislative & Regulatory requirements
- Identify fire safety installations equipment in a building
- Develop an awareness & understanding of maintenance & records pertaining to fire safety
- Practical Incident Control & Chief Fire Warden Scenarios
- Understand the emergency planning process
- Understand the role & responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation members & the Emergency Planning Committee
- Practical Fire Extinguisher training
Units of Competency
PUAWER004B Respond to workplace emergencies
PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies
PUAWER006B Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAWER007B Manage an emergency control organisation
PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAWER003B Manage and monitor workplace emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
Theoretical and practical assessments are conducted throughout the course. Upon successful completion of this course, each student will receive a Statement of Attainment. This will meet the competency requirements set by Queensland Fire and Rescue Service for appointment as Fire Safety Adviser (FSA).
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios. This course is available only in Queensland.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.