Provide Advanced First aid
This nationally recognised course is designed to deliver the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings. In some states this course maybe referred to Level 3 training. There are legislated requirements in each state in relation to this training. These requirements will be documented in each states approved code of practice for first aid.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements
This unit deals with the provision of advanced first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provision of support to other providers. This unit builds on HLTAID003: Provide First Aid to include additional skills and use of a range of equipment.
- Legal and infection control aspects of providing First Aid
- Management of unconscious of non- breathing casualty
- Use of an AED including maintenance
- Oxygen therapy including equipment maintenance
In depth management of:
- Incident with emphasis on communication, leadership and documentation
- Injuries from head to toe and medical conditions
- Multiple casualties
- Medication (as per states regulations / legislation
Workplace First Aid including:
- Role of a first aider
- First Aid room
- Planning, managing and reviewing response to a major workplace incident
Units of Competency
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
Assessment is conducted by using a range of scenarios and orally / written questions.
Delivery of training is done face to face and may be done on a customer’s site or in a FSA Training centre.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.