GWO Basic Safety Training - Refresher
The aim of the course is to refresh the knowledge and skills of currently accredited delegates for GWO basic safety training. On completion of this course, the delegate will be re-accredited for the next 24 months in accordance with GWO BST Standards.
GWO Basic Safety Training within last 24 months
Fitness to Participate declaration
Long sleeves and long pants, appropriate safety footwear
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Refresh and update on
- Legal and ethical
- Risk/Hazards/Planning/safe methods of working
- Anatomy and Lifesaving first aid - primary survey - D-R-S-A-B-C-D
- Secondary survey, first arrest systems, dropped objects
- Fire science, classes of fire, types of extinguishers
- Basic firefighting tactics
- Emergency procedures and management of an incident
- Scenario based training and rescue exercises
Units of Competency
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using height safety equipment in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.