Health and Safety Committee
This course is designed for newly elected HSC members, current HSC members and managers and supervisors involved in health and safety activities.
This course aims to allow for newly elected and current Health and Safety Committee (HSC) members to identify and implement the legislative functions of the HSC. It provides skills and knowledge to enable HSC members to participate effectively in committee duties and contribute to the continual improvement of safety performance in their organisation.
This course is not approved with the ACT Regulator (as required by Construction project $5m+)
Topics covered include:
- Current OHS/WHS legislation and supporting documentation.
- The legal and administrative function of the HSC.
- Consultation and worker representation activities in the workplace.
- Roles and responsibilities of committee members
- Communication skills.
- Methods of improving the effectiveness of committees.
- How HSCs can participate in the systematic management of safety in the workplace.
- Participation and continual safety improvement.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.