Operate Elevating Work Platform
This courses is designed to give participants transferrable knowledge and skills to operate elevating work platforms (EWP) which are not classified as requiring a high risk work licence (HRWL) (height measured from the ground to the bottom of the platform at full extension). Anything over 11m requires a HRWL delivered through an approved Worksafe authority.
- Fitness to participate (MUST be able to work at heights)
- Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Participants must be 18 years or over<\li>
- Safety PPE and enclosed footwear<\li>
After successfully completing this nationally recognised course you will be trained and competent to operate: EWP Boom Lift and Scissor Lift (up to 11m). Training on Trailer/Vertical Lift EWP available on request. Work sites in Australia have an obligation to induct workers on the plant they are required to use and we recommend that potential participants check with their employer(s) as to the suitability of any training related to on-site plant and equipment. Competent students will receive a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency and a card detailing the class of machines they were trained and assessed in. This is equivalent to 'Yellow Card' training.
- Plan and prepare for EWP operations
- Identify hazards and carry out risk assessment
- Carry out prestart checks
- Operate controls
- Perform manual descent and emergency procedures
- Shut down and return worksite to normal operations
- Return EWP to operationally ready status
Unit of Competency
RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory, practical activities and discussion. Practical components using equipment under supervision in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.