Undertake Vertical Rescue
5 Days - (4 students : 1 trainer)
Students who are required to undertake vertical rescue operations as a member of a rescue team.
PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation (covered during the training)
Students must be qualified in PUAEME001B Provide emergency care prior to course commencement. It is preferred that students hold some form of working at heights competency or appropriate workplace experience.
Students will require Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills as required to perform vertical rescue operations and complete documentation.
This unit covers the competency to undertake vertical rescue operations as a member of a rescue team.
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit, particularly its application in a variety of circumstances in which the unit may be used.
This includes knowledge of the following:
- Braking strains
- Casualty assessment and packaging
- Emergency management and interagency arrangements
- Equipment characteristics, vertical rescue concepts and practices
- Operational briefing and debriefing procedures
- Organisation’s procedures for operating vertical rescue equipment
- Personal hygiene protocols
- Reconnaissance techniques
- Relevant legislation, OH&S principles and practices
- Safety factors and safe working loads
- Signs and symptoms of operational stress
- Communication systems
Units of Competency
PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
PUASAR032A Undertake vertical rescue
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate emergency situation and written questions as appropriate. Assessment of this competency requires access to an appropriate training/venue for vertical rescue activities.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using vertical rescue equipment in a range of vertical rescue simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.