Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 Metres or more) - WA Only
2 Days (Minimum numbers apply for training to take place)
This course is designed for individuals that are required to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up elevating work platform, operate elevating work platform and shut down and secure elevating work platform.
Language, literacy and numeracy are required to complete calculations in the workplace and complete workplace documentation.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) for licensing purposes, and involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work. The 11 metre boom length shall be taken to mean the greater of the following:
(a) The vertical distance from the floor of the platform to the surface supporting the elevating work platform with the platform at its maximum height; or
(b) The nominal reach, measured horizontally from the centre point of rotation to the outer edge of the platform in its most extended position.>
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to elevating work platform operations
- Assess ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to extend and travel the elevating work platform
- Complete the positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms, including the use of outriggers/stabilisers and packing
- Operate mobile elevating work platform using best mobile practice
- Use communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Operate and control an elevating work platform including all functions to their maximum extension within the safe working (rated) capacity
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the elevating work platform (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines/electrical cables, ground conditions, wind, pedestrians and tipping)
Unit of Competency
TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
The course assessment is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Students will be assessed on practical activities and a written assessment.
This course is delivered at Blackwoods training centres nationally and customer sites via PowerPoint presentations, audio-visual material, individual and group activities and practical applications which simulate real working environments.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.