Our nationally accredited Issue Work Permits training course is designed for personnel who may be required to issue confined space entry permits, hot work permits, work at height permits or other workplace specific work permits. Training is particularly suited to the supervisors of confined space work, work at heights and hot work.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
This course covers all of the required information for personnel to select the most appropriate work permit, obtain all of the work information (from a JSA or Risk Assessment) and issue a permit to work. Note: this course includes the risk assessment course, however if already completed this is 4 hours only.
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- Permit Legislative Requirements
- Completing a review of the scope of work
- Selecting the most appropriate permit for the work task
- Liaising with the work team to review the JSA/Risk Assessment & document hazard controls on the work permit
- Isolation procedures
- Determining the appropriate conditions for the permit
- Raising, authorising & issuing the necessary permit
- Monitoring compliance with permit conditions and the JSA/Risk Assessment
- Reporting any indiscretions or violations of permit conditions as required
- Managing the permit process, e.g. extensions, handovers, changes etc.
- Signing off work permits on completion of work
- Ensuring that workplace procedures are complied with for the entire permit process
Units of Competency
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
Assessment of this course is through written assessment and observation of students carrying out a range of practical activities. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint or the issued learner resource including use of audio-visual material and practical activities.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.