Health and Safety Representatives Initial QLD (WHSQ Approved)
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 3 months of course commencement
This course is for workers who have been elected as HSRs for their workplace. This course is also suitable for supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for the safety of workers.
This course is designed for anyone elected a Health and Safety Representative within the State jurisdiction of QLD
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are:
• Writing is required to the level of completing written in-class activities.
• Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
As per the WHSQ Conditions of Approval for HSR Training Providers (Section 4:34) we are required to sight and verify Evidence of Identity (EOI) for each student on commencement of training. EOI documents must be made up of 3 matching original EOI documents. FSA is required to retain a copy on each students file.
One Category A + two Category B or Two Category A + one Category B (At least one Category A document must be photographic and show a full name and date of birth)
Category A documents
Status = Current
• Australian birth certificate - full (not an extract or a commemorative certificate)
• Bicentennial birth certificate (born in 1988)
• Australian citizenship certificate/naturalisation certificate
• Department of immigration and border protection (DIBP)
- Certificate of evidence of resident status
- Visa evidence card (with PLO56 visa)
• Queensland or federal police officer photo identity card.
• Queensland high risk work licence (photographic)
Status = Current or expired less than two years
• Australian passport (including Australian document of identity)
• Foreign passport
• Australian photo driver licence
• Queensland accreditation/authorisation (laminated)
- Driver/rider trainer; pilot/escort vehicle driver; dangerous goods driver; tow truck driver/assistant certificate - Bus; taxi; limousine driver
Status = Valid up to five years after issue
• DIBP - ImmiCard; temporary or resident visa; document for travel to Australia. Note: Electronic travel authority (ETA) is not accepted.
Status = Issued after 01/01/1992
• Queensland card 18+ (laminated)
Category B documents – must be Australian issued documents
Status = Current
• Australian defence force photo identity card (excluding civilians)
• Australian firearm licence (with photo)
• Australian security guard/crowd controller licence (with photo)
• Department of veterans’ affairs/CentreLink pensioner concession card (including healthcare card)
• Education institution student identity document (must include photo and/or signature)
• Financial institution debit/credit card (must include signature and embossed/printed name)
• Medicare card (green, blue or yellow)
• Interstate government-issued or government-approved proof of age card
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to enable them to fulfil the role of Health and Safety Representative (HSR) as set down in section 72 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. This course is conducted in accordance with the criteria set by the Division of Workplace Health and Safety.
The aim of this course is to provide HSRs and deputy HSRs, elected under the new WHS legislation, with information and skills relating to:
- Interpreting the work health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
- Establishing representation in the workplace.
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Representing members in the WHS risk. management process undertaken by the PCBU
- Issuing a Provisional Notice (PIN) and directing the Cessation of Work.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.