Initial 5 Day Health and Safety Representatives (Approved by SafeWork SA)
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
This course is for elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and elected Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (DHSRs) under the WHS Act 2012 (SA) who have requested approved training.
This course is designed for anyone elected a Health and Safety Representative within the State jurisdiction of SA
To enrol into this course participants must obtain a HSR ID number as soon as possible after election at your workplace. Your employer is required to provide you with your HSR ID number once they register you as the workplace HSR via the SafeWork SA online portal. Without providing us with your HSR ID on day 1 of training you will not be able to proceed with the course.
• Verifiable SafeWork SA HSR ID number
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are:
• Writing is required to the level of completing written in-class activities.
• Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
The purpose of this course is for you to acquire the knowledge and skills to enable you to exercise your powers for the purpose of promoting and ensuring the health and safety at work of members of your work group.
The course content covers:
- Work Health and Safety Legislation
- WHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identify key parties, legislative obligations and duties
- Understanding the role, function and powers of a health and safety representative
- Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Consultation and Representation
- Powers and Functions of a HSR including
- Workplace Inspections and Provisional Improvement Notices
- Risk Management
- Communication and Issue Resolution
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.