Health and Safety Representatives Refresher (NT WorkSafe Approved)
This course is designed for elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy HSRs, who completed the Initial 5 Day course from 1 January 2012. Elected HSR’s (and deputy HSRs) as per section 72 (1) of the WHS (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011 are entitled to attend a regulator approved 1 day refresher training course. Evidence of attending the Initial 5 day HSR training program will need to be provided. Note: You will need to provide evidence that you are a currently elected HSR.
Participants must have previously completed the Initial NT HSR 5 day training course.
The purpose of this course is to revitalise the knowledge and skills to enable you to continue to exercise your powers for the purpose of promoting and ensuring the health and safety at work of members of your work group.
The course content covers:
- The WHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Identifying key parties, legislative obligations and duties.
- Understanding the role, function and powers of a health and safety representative.
- Undertaking the role of a health and safety representative within their work group including: participation in the resolution of work health and safety issues.
- Issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices and directing cessation of unsafe work.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.