Diploma of Work Health and Safety
BSB51319 Diploma in Work Health and Safety - 12 Months from course commencement
This course is designed for participants who coordinate and maintain the WHS program/system within an organisation.
Participants must hold a Qualification/ Statement of Attainment with the 5 core units from the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41419 or equivalent, being:
• BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
• BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
• BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
• BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
• BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
• Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course. Language Literacy and Numeracy testing to be completed on course application.
• Computer or laptop and access to internet. Appropriate business software eg: Microsoft Word and Acrobat Reader
This fully online training course enables participants to gain a Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) at their own pace over a 12 month period. It will provide participants with the opportunity to grow their practical knowledge and skills in the development, implementation and management of WHS programs/systems through an interactive, intuitive learning platform, supported by NSCA's experienced trainers and assessors.
• Recognise, evaluate and manage health and safety hazards in the workplace
• Administer various work health and safety functions, planning and policy and process development in the workplace
• Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation
• Develop actions, interventions and measures to prevent re-occurrences of incidents
• Achieve change in WHS matters
• Gather and analyse relevant WHS information and data
• Contribute to the implementation, review and improvement of the WHS plan and WHS management system
Units of Competency
BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant
BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation's WHS management system
**Self-paced Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course timeframes without the need to attend face to face workshops. Courseware is provided online via the NSCA Student Portal and email. All assessments are to be completed on line via our Student Portal within a maximum of twelve (12) months from enrolment.
Suggested Delivery Format Month 1 BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes Month 2 BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation's WHS management system Month 3 BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system Month 4 BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management Month 5 BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools Month 6 BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area Month 7 BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures Month 8 BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant Month 9 BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents Months 10 BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs Months 11-12 Completing and submitting assessments for all modules through online portal
PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE 50% due upon enrolment - $500 25% due 30 days after enrolment - $250 25% due 60 days after enrolment - $250 To enrol with a payment plan, please purchase this course online, in the payment section select ‘pay by Purchase Order’ and write ‘Payment Plan Requested’ – Our team will contact you for the payment plan payment
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.