Diploma of OHS to Diploma of WHS (Bridging Course)
6 Months from course commencement
Individuals who hold a Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety (BSB51307) and want to obtain a current Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Participants must hold a Qualification/Statement of Attainment with the 5 core units from the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41415 or equivalent. Participants must provide evidence of completion of the Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety BSB51307 (Testamur and Record of Results).
To enrol in this course you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to apply for a Unique Student Identifier. New Zealand citizens can complete this course but will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier and provide an Australian address for certificate issuance. Visit www.usi.gov.au for more information on Unique Student Identifiers. Participants must have access to, and be proficient at using, the following in order to complete their studies:
- Computer with internet connection to complete and lodge ONLINE ASSESSMENTS via a Student Portal
- Microsoft Office with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint for document creation
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
This course is designed for individuals who currently hold a Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety (BSB51307) and now want to obtain a Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise, evaluate and manage health and safety hazards in the workplace
- Administer various work health and safety functions, planning, and policy and process development in the workplace.
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation
- Developing actions, interventions and measures to prevent re-occurrence of incidents
- Achieving change in WHS matters
- Gather and analyse relevant WHS information and data
- Contribute to the implementation, review and improvement of the WHS plan and WHS management system
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Units of Competency
BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
Upon successful completion of the qualification requirements, participants will be awarded the Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51312.
Self-Paced Distance Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course time-frames without the need to attend face to face workshops. Assessments are to be completed within six (6) months of enrolment.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.