Diploma in Work Health and Safety
12 Months from course commencement
This course is designed for participants who coordinate and maintain the WHS program/system within an organisation.
Participants must hold a Qualification/ Statement of Attainment with the 5 core units from the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41415 being:
- BSBWHS402 - Assist with compliance with WHS law
- BSBWHS403 - Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS consultation and participation process
- BSBWHS404 - Contribute to the WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control activities
- BSBWHS405 - Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of a WHS management system
- BSBWHS406 - Assist with responding to incidents.
Computer / laptop with appropriate business applications eg- Microsoft Word & Acrobat Reader
Fitness to participate
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
This training course enables participants to gain a Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS). It will provide participants with the opportunity to grow their practical knowledge and skills in the development, implementation and management of WHS programs/systems.
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise, evaluate and manage health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Administer various work health and safety functions, planning and policy and process development in the workplace.
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Develop actions, interventions and measures to prevent re-occurrences of incidents.
- Achieve change in WHS matters.
- Gather and analyse relevant WHS information and data.
- Contribute to the implementation, review and improvement of the WHS plan and WHS management system.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enrolments and further information.
Units of Competency
BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBWHS507 Contribute to managing WHS information systems
BSBWHS510 Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
Assessment activities include a combination of knowledge questions, scenarios and workplace projects. Assessments are to be completed on line via our Student Portal within a maximum of twelve (12) months from enrolment for both Face-to-face and Self -paced distance courses. Upon successful completion of the qualification requirements, participants will be awarded the Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51315.
Face to Face Interactive Learning requires participants to attend five (5) days of face to face training workshops delivered at a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios with all assessments done post classroom session using FSA student portal.
Distance Education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course timeframes without the need to attend face to face workshops. Courseware and assessments are provided online via the NSCA Student Portal and email.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.