WHS Statement of Attainment
Participants have 6 months from their enrolment date to complete the course.
Safety officers, safety supervisors and managers, safety advisors, supervisors, specifically those who want to obtain the Diploma of Work Health and Safety, but do not already hold the entry requirements.
To enrol in this course you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to apply for a Unique Student Identifier. New Zealand citizens can complete this course but will need to obtain a Unique Student Identifier and provide an Australian address for certificate issuance. Visit www.usi.gov.au for more information on Unique Student Identifiers. Participants must have access to, and be proficient at using, the following in order to complete their studies:
- Computer with internet connection to complete and lodge ONLINE ASSESSMENTS via a Student Portal
- Microsoft Office with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint for document creation
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
This course is designed to allow participants to meet the entry requirements and progress on to the Diploma of Work Health and Safety. Participants are either in a WHS role, or wanting to secure a WHS role, or wanting to meet the entry requirements in order to progress on to the Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Public course price: $590 per person
The WHS Statement of Attainment provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand WHS legislative requirements and assist with monitoring workplace compliance
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participation processes.
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards and
- Implement and support the workplace WHS management system
- Assist with actions and activities performed in response to work health and safety (WHS) incidents which includes accidents.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Units of Competency
BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Assessment consists of knowledge and skill assessments. Upon successful completion of the required assessments, a Statement of Attainment is issued.
Training is completed via distance education over a maximum of 6 months from the participant’s enrolment date.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.